Check out our easy tutorial and learn how you can make your own Christmas Nutcracker figurine with just a few spun cotton balls.
Nutcracker Figurine – project materials
- Spun cotton balls : a 45mm ball for the body, a 30mm ball for the head, and two 15mm balls for the hands.
- Red and blue acrylic paint, a black marker, and a gold paint pen.
- A black ball pen, a wine cork, a bamboo skewer (or tooth pick).
- Glue (glue gun or tacky glue).
- A small piece of cardboard or foam pad for the pedestal.
- A pair of scissors.
Step by step directions
- Paint the largest ball and the wine cork red. You can use the wooden pick to hold the ball while you paint it.
- While the paint dries, draw the face on the medium size ball with the ball pen.
- When the red paint is dry, use the black marker to draw the shirt and the belt.
- Use the gold paint pen to draw the buttons, and the trim at the bottom of the hat.
- Paint the pants blue.
- Glue all the pieces together.
- Build the pedestal stand. Draw a circle on the cardboard and cut out with a pair of scissors. Glue to the bottom of your nutcracker to its pedestal.
You are done :)
Did you know?
Nutcrakers originated in the Erzgebirge mountains, a beautiful region located in Eastern Germany.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. As always, if you have any questions, do not hesitate to use the comment section below.