Check out our easy tutorial and learn how to make your own Spooky Halloween Figurines from blank, ready to paint spun cotton figurines.
Halloween figurines DIY – materials
- Acrylic paint and brushes.
- Spun cotton figurine blanks. They come in several sizes. I used the 51mm round fellows.
- A pencil to outline.
- A clear finish such as mod podge. It will protect your Halloween figurines for a long time.
- A few wooden picks to hold your figurines while you paint them.
- A black ball pen to draw lines an face details.
Painting tips and directions
Always outline your Halloween figurines with a pencil before painting with acrylic. If you are not happy with the outline, just use a regular eraser and start over.
Never rush. Let the paint dry before painting over it.
You can work on 2 projects at a time so you can paint one figurine while the other one dries.
Spun cotton figurine blanks do not require two coats of paint. There is also no need to prime them.
Use a ball-pen to draw lines instead of trying to paint them with a brush. For example, we used a regular ball pen to draw the mouth line of the scary clown figurine below.
You are now ready to paint your own Halloween figurines :) But as always, if you have any questions, do not hesitate to leave a comment below and we’ll be happy to help. Happy Halloween and happy painting!