SPUNNYS Spun Cotton Peg Dolls are manufactured in Germany and offered at low wholesale level prices. They are easy to work with and are fun alternatives to wooden peg dolls.
Choose among 10 different styles of spun cotton peg dolls:
Cone fellow series:
- Small: height: 47mm; bottom ø: 25mm; neck ø: 11mm; head ø: 19mm.
- Medium: height: 56mm; bottom ø: 29mm; neck ø: 13mm; head ø: 24mm.
- Large: height: 60mm; bottom ø: 32mm; neck ø: 16mm; head ø: 27mm.
Round fellow series:
- Small: height: 40mm; waist ø: 28mm; neck ø: 16mm; head ø: 20mm.
- Medium: height: 51mm; waist ø: 33mm; neck ø: 21mm; head ø: 24mm.
- Large: height: 55mm; waist ø 38mm; neck ø: 19mm; head ø: 22mm.
- Small: 52 mm tall x ø 39 mm (at the widest point)
- Large: 72 mm tall x ø 53 mm (at the widest point)
- Small: 45 mm tall x ø 48 mm
- Large: 54 mm tall x ø 55 mm
ADDITIONAL PRODUCT PICTURES
SPUN COTTON PEG DOLLS: PROJECT IDEAS
EVEN MORE PROJECT IDEAS
Spun Cotton Peg Dolls: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
We believe that spun cotton peg dolls are easier to paint than wooden peg dolls.
There is no sanding, and no priming needed. Also, given the absorbing nature of spun cotton, the paint flows nicely from the brush onto the dolls. Last, because spun cotton dolls are white, one coat of paint is usually all it takes (a great time saver)
Any common paint such as acrylic can be used. With spun cotton peg dolls, it’s all about the pleasure of painting.
It’s very easy. Painting on spun cotton is like painting on paper. And because spun cotton is absorbent, paint dries very fast.
Any paint that works great on paper will work great on spun cotton. We like acrylic because it dries very fast and hardens to a nice protective coating.
We have painted our fair share of spun cotton peg dolls and have several tips to share. Please refer to our detailed blog post: painting wooden peg dolls and spun cotton peg dolls: tips and tricks.
They are very sturdy and they will save for as long as they are kept and handled with reasonable care. They are made of many layers of paper giving them a very solid feel. To make them even sturdier, they can be varnished with a clear coat finish, such as a thick layer of mod podge.
Absolutely, not only do they look great as cake toppers, but they are also very easy to turn into cake toppers. All spun cotton dolls have a little hole at the bottom. By just inserting toothpicks or a bamboo sticks into the dolls, one can easily make cake toppers.
Spun cotton peg dolls can be combined with plenty of craft materials. We like to use felt, paper, fabric, burlap, cardboard, pipe cleaners but there are probably a ton of other possibilities out there. All these materials can easily be glued onto the dolls with regular white paper glue.