SPUNNYS Spun Cotton Peg Dolls are manufactured in Germany and offered at low wholesale level prices. They are easy to work with and are fun alternatives to wooden peg dolls.
Spun Cotton Peg Dolls • Sizes •
- EXTRA SMALL: height: 40mm, bottom ø: 27mm; neck ø: 10mm; head ø: 14mm
- SMALL: height: 47mm; bottom ø: 25mm; neck ø: 11mm; head ø: 19mm.
- MEDIUM: height: 56mm; bottom ø: 29mm; neck ø: 13mm; head ø: 24mm.
- LARGE: height: 60mm; bottom ø: 32mm; neck ø: 16mm; head ø: 27mm.
- SMALL: height: 40mm; waist ø: 28mm; neck ø: 16mm; head ø: 20mm.
- MEDIUM: height: 51mm; waist ø: 33mm; neck ø: 21mm; head ø: 24mm.
- LARGE: height: 55mm; waist ø 38mm; neck ø: 19mm; head ø: 22mm.
- MINIATURE: a cute and tiny version
- SMALL: 52 mm tall x ø 39 mm (at the widest point)
- LARGE: 72 mm tall x ø 53 mm (at the widest point)
- SMALL: 45 mm tall x ø 48 mm
- LARGE: 54 mm tall x ø 55 mm
Spun Cotton Peg Dolls: Frequently Asked Questions
How do they compare to wooden peg dolls?
There is no sanding, and no priming needed. Also, given the absorbing nature of spun cotton, the paint flows nicely from the brush onto the dolls. Lastly, because spun cotton dolls are white, one coat of paint is usually all it takes (a great time saver)
Any common paint such as acrylic can be used.
How easy are they to paint?
Painting on spun cotton is like painting on paper. And because spun cotton is absorbent, paint dries very fast.
What type of paint works best?
Any paint that works great on paper will work great on spun cotton. We like acrylic because it dries very fast and hardens to a nice protective coating.
Any useful painting tips?
We have painted our fair share of spun cotton peg dolls and have several tips to share. Please refer to our detailed blog post: painting wooden peg dolls and spun cotton peg dolls: tips and tricks.
Are the dolls sturdy and will they save for a long time?
They are very sturdy and they will save for as long as they are kept and handled with reasonable care. They are made of many layers of paper giving them a very solid feel. To make them even sturdier, they can be varnished with a clear coat finish, such as a thick layer of mod podge.
Can spun cotton peg dolls be used as cake toppers?
Absolutely! Not only do they look great as cake toppers, but they are also very easy to turn into cake toppers. All spun cotton dolls have a little hole at the bottom. By just inserting toothpicks or a bamboo sticks into the dolls, one can easily make cake toppers.
What other materials can spun cotton peg dolls be combined with?
Our dolls can be combined with plenty of craft materials. We like to use felt, paper, fabric, burlap, cardboard, pipe cleaners but there are surely infinite possibilities out there! All these materials can easily be glued onto the dolls with regular white school glue (such as Elmer’s).
Cyndee (verified owner) –
Just received these peg doll forms , can’t wait to use them !
Love this company, what a great selection !