Check out our tutorial and learn how you can make beautiful 3D wall art with spun cotton balls.
Spun cotton balls are great wall art materials
- They are inexpensive
- They are very lightweight
- They come in over a dozen different sizes
- They adhere very strongly to glue (tacky glue works fine)
- They are eco-friendly and plastic free.
I would like to give credit to my sister who fashioned all the projects on this page. She painted three large canvasses with blue acrylic paint, let them dry, and then glued on the spun cotton balls.
Project Materials :
- Spun cotton balls. They come in many sizes. Spun cotton half balls are another option.
- A glue gun.
- A pencil to mark the position of the balls.
- A canvas if you prefer not to glue directly onto the wall.
- Paint. Acrylic is good because it dries fast.
1. If you are using a canvas, start with painting your canvas any color you like. Try to create interesting brush stroke patterns. Let dry.
2. Use a pencil and outline your project.
3. If you want, you can paint the spun cotton balls prior to gluing them.
4. Glue all the paper balls on the canvas or directly onto the wall.
You are done. Creating wall art with spun cotton balls is quick, easy, and a lot of fun.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and got some inspiration for your next projects. As always, do not hesitate to send us any of your questions or feel fee to leave a comment.